Wow, I go to bed at 9:00 pm and wake up with three nominations to for the Liebster award, which is thrilling, and just the kind of encouragement I need after a harried morning battling dishes and children’s outerwear.
Here are the rules attached the Liebster award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
I’m going to thank all three of my nominators and do my best to answer their questions. Hopefully all of you reading will not get bored with hearing me talk directly about myself.
First, thank you Cindy at Cabin Pressure May Change. I’ve loved what I’ve read at her blog, and the tagline, “getting just to whelmed,” makes me smile.
- Why did you start your blog? – I wanted to put down reflections and accounts of my everyday life, to remember how full my days are, even when they’re full of normal stuff
- What is your favorite thing about having a blog? – It makes me take time to think
- What do you do for fun? – Projects! I love to work on my house, and I love to spend time in my kitchen.
- What is your favorite book? – How do I pick just one? I cannot. I’ve been on a Willa Cather kick lately, so for now I’ll say My Antonia.
- What is your favorite movie? – Same issue as above. There are those that I love from childhood, those I watch when I want to laugh, those for when I want to cry. I love the classics though, and I often turn to My Man Godfrey when I’m in a bad mood and need some cheering up.
- If you had really good news to share who would you call first? My husband.
- On your 85th birthday what do you hope your loved ones are saying about you as they celebrate your life so far? That they know what I believe by how I live, and that I make the best cakes and pies.
- Thinking back to the last time you laughed so hard you couldn’t breathe, what was so funny? I try to laugh a lot, I’m sure the last time it had to do with Parks and Rec.
- Thinking back to the last time you cried, what moved you? I cry a lot. I have a tendency to take stories and images too far sometimes. I was crying in the library last Friday as I finished reading Death Comes for the Archbishop.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? ” I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.” – E.B. White
Next, a thank you to Kathy, at Art Catalysts by KathyClem, a visual artist and a poet (mediums that blend so well together, don’t you think?)
- When did you start your blog? I first opened this blog last August, but didn’t start posting to it until the beginning of this month.
- What made you do the Zero to Hero challenge? I needed some motivation to get in gear, and some guidance learning about WordPress
- Do you have any pets? Four: two cats, two dogs. Why? Because I’m crazy.
- What is your favorite hobby? Baking and building, but my baking seems to be more appreciate by my kids.
- What do you do most of the day?
- Do you believe in Magic? Yes, emphatically. Magic is one language we can use to describe the world, and it’s one of my favorites.
- If you could have another life, what would you be? I love to imagine living in New England or somewhere in the United Kingdom. Perhaps on a farm.
- Why? I love trees and fields and a sense of history. The romantic in me loves the idea of making things from the earth.
- How big is your immediate family? There are 5 of us.
- What do you like about writing? Writing is deliberate. So much of my time I feel like I’m in reaction mode. Writing for me is the opposite.
I’m not squelching on the other responsibilities for accepting this award, but right now this is looking like a lot of text. I will put part two up thanking the third blogger and post my questions and nominees very soon.